Tuesday 19 August 2014

Prom FOTN


Although my Leavers Prom was about a month ago I didn't get around to started my blog, writing the post and taking the pictures till now. This is my first ever blog post, I'm so excited to do it but so nervous so bare with me.

The Base

For my face make up I used Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser, this kept my make up lasting longer which is what I wanted for this special occasion. Although it did not completely erase my pores, it did fill them in a bit so my foundation wouldn't be which is a big problem for me when I don't use a primer.
Maybelline Baby Skin Primer
I used my beloved MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NW10. I LOVE this foundation I literally cannot say a bad word about it. I love the coverage, the finish just everything! 
This won't come as a shock to many people, for concealer I used Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair. Again I cannot say a bad word about this product it's my holy grail concealer.
Lastly powder, Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent. my skin often changes on how oily or dry it is. At prom my skin wasn't especially oily so I didn't use a lot of powder mainly under my eyes because I suffer from awful creasing and I dabbed some around my t-zone.
Collection Lasting Prefection Concealer - MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation - Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
I don't tend to use blusher and bronzer on a daily basis, so I haven't spent a lot of money on the products. To contour my cheeks, forehead and jawline I used MUA Matte Bronzer. I got this for only £1 it is a bit on the orange side but because I'm super pale I don't use a lot of it. For blusher I used ELF Studio blusher on Peachy Keen, I love ELF products and this doesn't disappoint! I have naturally very red cheeks so I tend to avoid pink blushers, this peach blush gives me a beautiful flush of colour without making me look constantly embarrassed!
ELF Blusher - MUA Bronzer


The Eyes 

I didn't use false eyelashes as I'm not comfortable applying and wearing them yet so I stuck with mascara. I used the L'oreal Million Lashes Excess mascara in Waterproof Black. I didn't actually realise how many different types of million lashes mascara there are (a new one called 'Couture' has just been released). This mascara is a great choice; it seperated my lashes beautifully and it stayed up all night!

L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Excess

I used a mix of eyes shadows to complete my eye look; the first was Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze this was my which prevented the eye creases!
The next eyeshadow I used for all over the lid L'oreal Colour Riche L'Ombre Pure in Nude 204, I am in love with this eyeshadow! Unfortunately mine cracked and got all over my make up bag and other products but the texture and pigmentation of the eyeshadow is just beautiful. This eyeshadow is gel-based which makes the texture silky smooth!
Lastly I used a matte dark brown eyeshadow for the crease and lower lash line, I used one from MUA in Shade 19 (again only £1) this eyeshadow isn't the best quality but it did the job well enough!

Maybelline Colour Tattoo - L'Oreal Colour Riche - MUA Matt Eyeshadow

I used two products for my eyebrows; the L'oreal Paris Artiste Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brun and the Essence Stylist Eyebrow Powder. I used the pencil to define my brows and the powder to fill them in, I love using powder to fill in my brows because it makes them look so full!

L'Oreal Paris Artiste - Essence Eyebrow Stylist



The Lips 

For lips I used my favourite lip product at the moment, Revlon Ultimate Suede Lipstick in 050 Couture. Im in love this range of lipsticks they stay put for hours and the pigmentation is amazing. I think the red really complimented the gold on my eyes. This colour also has qiote a strong blue undertone, which helped make my teeth look white.


Revlon Ultimate Suede Lipstick


What was your prom look?

jenna xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I love it girl!! I am so glad that you have started your blog :D Love your photos and swatches already!! WOOOHOOOO! Makeup sister ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahah thank you tasha, im so excited, make up sister;)

      Delete