Monday 25 August 2014

Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick

Recently I have discovered how much I love the Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipsticks, these aren't Revlon's most popular lipstick (the Lip Butters and Matte/ Laquer Lip Balms being far more publicized). I only have four of these lipsticks, but I plan to purchase a lot more!

There are a total of 20 lipsticks in the collection, but only 14 available at Boots; ranging from nudes, to berries, pinks and reds. They reatil for £8.99 each but are being sold for 2 for £10 at Boots, so stock up!

These lipsticks are matte, and when I say matte I mean they define the matte finish. So, if you have dry lips I wouldn't suggest this product, maybe a Revlon Lip Butter instead. I own four of these and the staying power is unbelievable, I'm talking a good five-six hours before you need to top up. I wore Couture 050 to my Leavers Prom and I kept topping up thinking it was wearing off when my friend told me it looked the same the whole night! I wore Preview 070 to a wedding reception then on a night out and I only had to reapply a couple times! The whole night was from 7pm to 3am so it's safe to say it lasts!

Womanswear 010

As much as  I love this lipstick, it's a weird one. When you first apply Womanswear it goes on quote glossy and as a light pink, then as it dries it goes to the familiar sticky- matte finish. It's still a beautiful colour through, it's a light pink with some violet tones.



Preview 070


To me, Preview seems one or two shades darker than Womanwear and a bit more of a 'dirty pink'. I love this lipstick because I think these shades suit me best. Preview also have the violet tones added and a blue undertone.



Couture 050


This is a deep berry-red shade with a strong blue undertone, so it will make your teeth look really white. This lipstick could be my favourite red lip! Out of the four I own this is the most matte so I would suggest exfoliating your lips before applying the this lipstick.




Backstage 035


This is my favourite shade, it does look really dark in the tube but on lips it sheers out slightly to a beautiful berry shade. This is going to be my number one shade for Autumn/ Winter this year



 jenna xoxo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment